The Stopover Holiday LLC has several websites. This policy covers all website businesses.
What types of personal data do we collect about you and why do we collect it:
We collect certain personal data about you and about any other person you include on your booking/product. The sort of personal data we collect is information that you provide to us, that we collect from you or observe about you, or that we obtain from other sources.
• When you make a booking or other purchase or enquiry we will ask you for your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, security questions and personal travel preferences. We need to collect this information in order to arrange the travel arrangements, products or other services you are requesting.
• If you enter a competition or promotion, complete a survey, or if you give feedback or report a problem with any of our Services, we will collect your name and relevant contact information and any other personal information you choose to give us.
• If you contact us online, we may keep a record of your e-mail or other correspondence, and if you call us by telephone, we may monitor and/or record phone conversations for training and customer service reasons.
• If, when using our Services, you make a search on our websites or with one of our travel consultants and you enter or provide any of your personal data (including telephone number or e-mail address), but do not make a booking or other purchase, we will keep and use the data you’ve provided for a limited time and purpose, as mentioned below.
To help us keep your information current, accurate and complete, please ensure you tell us if anything needs to be changed.
Based on how you have used our Services in the past and your activity on our website, social media channels, or with our contact centre and stores, we collect the following personal data about you:
• Details of the services we have provided to you in the past, including your previous travel arrangements, such as holidays and other purchases, and matters related to those arrangements, such as details of your previous enquiries, requirements or complaints.
• We collect details of your visits to our Sites and Apps (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and weblogs) whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise, and of the resources that you access. We use third party technology services, such as Google Analytics to administer these services.
• We collect details of website(s) you visited before you use a link to our Sites, pages visited in our Sites, and time spent on each page.
• We may collect information about your computer (or mobile device/tablet) including, where available, your IP address, operating system, device location, browser type, cookie identification numbers, for system administration purposes, marketing purposes (both our own, and third party advertisers for whom we provide advertising services) and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and any reports we share do not identify any individuals.
• Images of you taken on our CCTV systems at our premises.
We might also receive your personal data from third party sources who collect information about you on our behalf. This includes:
• If you book one of our holidays through a third party travel agent, certain personal data (as applicable to your booking, such as your name, date of birth or any special requirements you have) will be passed to us to provide the services you have requested/booked.
• If you complete any of our customer feedback questionnaires/surveys, the information you provide will be processed on our behalf and provided to us by a third party such as Intren Ltd.
• If you provide feedback on us via a Twitter survey, the feedback, but not your personal data, will be processed by Twitter and passed to us. A digital marketing company called Social Chain Ltd is used by us to administer these surveys and other activity on our social media channels.
Where is your data stored and who it’s shared with:
Your personal data is held on a combination of our own systems and systems of the suppliers we use to provide our services.
When you give your personal data to us, some of the personal data you provide will need to be given to and processed and stored by relevant third parties. These third parties include:
• our contact centre (including ‘live chat’) partners who provide services to support customer bookings and enquiries;
• our travel partners, such as airlines, airports, hoteliers, insurance companies and ground handling agents (depending on the travel services you book), so that they can provide you with the arrangements and assistance you require.
• companies that help us to process payments customers make to us for their travel purchases, and our suppliers of credit/finance arrangements to customers which customers use to pay for travel services. These suppliers assist us in detecting and preventing fraudulent payments or bookings.
Some of these third parties may be based outside of the UK, EU or European Economic Area (“EEA”). Organisations that are based outside of the UK, EU or EEA may not be subject to the same level of controls in regard to data protection as exist within the UK and the EEA. We aim only to transfer your data to third parties outside of the UK, EU or EEA where either:
(a) your personal information will be subject to one or more appropriate safeguards set out in the law, if you’d like more information about our safeguards, please contact us. These safeguards might be the use of standard contractual clauses in a form approved by regulators, or having our suppliers sign up to an independent privacy scheme approved by regulators; or
(b) the transfer is necessary to enable your contract to be performed.
Even if it is not mandatory for us to provide information to such authorities, we may exercise our discretion to assist them where appropriate in the interests of detecting and preventing criminal activity.
How do we use your information when providing our services to you:
In order to provide our services to you, we use the information we hold in a number of different ways. We process your information where we have legal basis to do so, such as, because it is necessary when you enter into a contract for travel services or because we have a legitimate business reasons for doing so
The following activities are carried out by us using your personal data because it is necessary in relation to a contract which you have entered into or because you have asked for something to be done so you can enter into a contract;
• Administering your booking internally and providing services within Stopover Holiday LLC and externally through our suppliers, to ensure the services you have requested are arranged;
• To communicate with you regarding your booking, services or any other purchase, including sending booking confirmation and travel documents and changing, updating and renewing insurance policies;
• We may use automated decision-making for medical screening purposes in relation to travel insurance enquiries or purchases, where we or our supplier needs to make an assessment of risk for certain pre-existing medical conditions. This means that your personal data (including special categories of personal data), such as your age, your medical history, as provided by you, will be used to evaluate and predict the level of risk associated with providing you with a contract of insurance. The criteria used in this assessment will enable us to determine whether we can offer you cover or whether you may be required to pay an additional premium for cover.I f we make a decision about you through information processed by automated means and the decision made by us produces a legal effect concerning you (such as the rejection of offering you insurance cover), or significantly affects you, you may have the right to contest that decision, express your point of view and ask for a human review.
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so:
• To improve customer experience:
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Sites and Apps, when you choose to do so.
• To ensure that content from our Sites, Apps and booking systems is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
• To inform you about our service in destination and to check you have everything you need for your forthcoming trip;
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• To protect our business and our supplier’s against financial loss;
• For debt collection or credit vetting
• For payment card and booking verification (including using Google reCAPTCHA on some of our Sites to ensure only genuine customer bookings are made).
• To investigate, respond to, settle and/or defend customer complaints and claims:
• We may use and process your personal information and may pass it to third parties involved in providing travel services to you and acting on our behalf, (such as external law firms and their employees),for resolving complaints, dealing with disputes and legal proceedings. This might include contacting you proactively if we need to resolve any issues you may be experiencing or have experienced with a booking or other purchase;
• To promote our business, improve our products and services;
• To send marketing correspondence about products and services similar to those you have previously bought from us. You can opt out and object to our sending you electronic marketing information and this option will be included in every marketing message we send you. See the section ‘When and how do we use your information for marketing for more information’.
• To contact you if you make an enquiry with us on our website but do not complete a booking/purchase in order to check if there was a problem or you need any assistance to book;
• For internal research/analysis to improve the quality of our Services, the products we offer and new products we are developing by:
• Inviting customers to take part in surveys or customer/business discussion groups;
• Using aggregated customer data to make informed decisions based on analysis of customer booking or other purchase trends and behaviours.
• To promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns;
• To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online using https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites and through social media and other platforms operated by other companies. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us;
We use this information in two ways:
•We identify links between your attributes and your behaviours and market to others with the same attributes, in our direct marketing campaigns and through targeted advertising delivered through our Sites, Apps or third party platforms including social media channels.
• We tailor and personalise our interactions with you to make them more relevant to your interests. These interactions include your journey around our Sites and the content that appears on it and marketing communications we send or show to you in our direct marketing campaigns and through online targeted advertising described in the paragraph above. Please see ‘How we personalise marketing for you’ for more information;
• To support any potential company sale or acquisition:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where we consider that it is in your vital interests that we do:
• To assist you or arrange for assistance to be provided to you by third parties either in the event of an incident or emergency.
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where we have your consent to do so:
• To assist you or arrange for assistance to be provided to you by third parties where you have special requirements in relation to special categories of personal data (please refer to the section: ‘What types of personal data do we collect about you and why do we collect it’).;
• To send marketing correspondence about products and services available from Stopover Holiday and/or from our business partners/affiliates, where we have asked for your permission to do so. See the section ‘When and how do we use your information for marketing for more information’.
We may use and process your personal information and may pass it to third parties where there is a legal requirement for us to do so:
• For responding to requests from any government body, law enforcement agency, court or regulatory authority, that requires us to disclose personal data in line with applicable data protection laws.
• For anti-money laundering and terrorist financing purposes
Processing subject to national laws: We may also use and process your personal information (including special category data such as information on your health specifically for insurance purposes) where we have a specific legal basis to do so under applicable national law. In the UK and Ireland, we rely on local Data Protection Laws that allows us to use health data in connection with your insurance policy, we may need to use health data for the purposes of providing quotes, processing claims, fraud investigation and handling complaints you may have.
When and how do we use your information for marketing:
To find out more about our marketing communications, including when and how we may contact you and how you can opt out of marketing, please read more here…..
If you have made an enquiry or purchase on one of our Sites, through our stores or contact centres, your personal data may be used by us in the ways the law allows, to contact you by post, electronic means (e-mail or text message) and/or by phone with information and offers relating to products or services that you can book/purchase from Stopover Holiday LLC. We will only do this if you did not opt out of such marketing at the point where we collected your contact details.
If you have not made an enquiry or purchase, we will only send you information and offers by e-mail or text message if you sign up (opt in) to receive such marketing, either directly through us or by telling a third party that you would like to receive marketing from us. We will only send you information and offers by App push notifications if the permissions that are set in the Settings section of your device allow for this to happen. If you do not wish to receive App push notifications, you can change your settings and opt-out at any time.
The type of products and services that can be booked/purchased through Stopover Holiday are shown in the table below. You will only receive marketing communications about those which we think are relevant to you:
PRODUCTS/SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM STOPOVER HOLIDAY LLC
• City Breaks
• Holiday Extras (for airport parking and hotels and car hire).
• Attraction Tickets
• Flight tickets